Sunday, February 26, 2017

Rain, Elements Inspiration

Loving the sights and smells...

We have had a series of much needed rain storms here in California. The delightful smells that remain in the air have left me feeling connected to earth and dirt. New found items have been pushed to the surface by the soggy groundscape inspiring me to create a line of jewelry with the look and feel of natural raw elements.



I'm enjoying the graphite and gold contrasted with the blue kyanite like slabs. In actuality both earrings are the same length and all pieces have a bit of shimmer. 

I'll be posting these to my on-line shop with this matching double stranded necklace. The set looks great with a t-shirt and jeans or a dressy long black tunic top. I know this as I can confess to test drives with both. :) As often is the case these do have some length at 3.75 inches long.




Tile pieces on my bench ready for construction. Whenever I move these smooth tiles around and hear the noise it reminds me of my Mom playing Mah-Jong when I was younger (yes, that would be a lot younger! )



I'm excited to incorporate these into my new line, Tiles and Slabs?? Perhaps I'll come up with a more creative name before I post to the shop. The line should be ready before I leave for the Galapagos in April. 

Speaking of travel, these pieces are very lightweight and perfect for travel!


 SUBSCRIBE if you would like to receive email updates on new work, shop launchings, sales and events!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment